27 Nov 2003

Hey all, decided to set up this blog in a moment of pure spontaneity and – now that I have had time to ponder it over more, to hopefully improve my ‘creative writing’ skills note the inverted commas – and I figured I’ll see how it goes and who knows, maybe I’ll get a reader or two along the way (gasp shock horror) and hopefully not a stalker … So, I don’t know, how do you really start one of these things? I suppose I should begin by telling the whole of random cyberspace who the hell I am. Okay, maybe not exactly who I am because you can never be too careful if you were me with my paranoia, but as much as possible. Of course you can always choose to disregard everything I say, as I could really be a Star-Trek nerd lacking in social interaction skills or a sixty-year-old pervert with a penchant for Norwegian maids. But that’s the Internet for you, folks. Moving on.

Call me Ishmael. (Heh heh heh … no really, please don’t) I’m a female of undefinable religion (as in halfway between atheist and some kind of mishmash religion in my head), undetermined age, from an undetermined country and race. (I’ve just about used up my quota of ‘undetermined’ for the day.) I am a self-proclaimed borderline geek who has, shamefully, a slight fixation with Lord of the Rings. Well, I admit a true LOTR fan would never buy into all the movie hype and crap, but the movies and their hype are the reason I’m interested in the first place. Not to mention Elijah Wood. I’m sorry, say what you will about the unnatural largeness of his eyes or his fixed expression throughout the first two LOTR movies (my friends have already done so – constantly) but at this pointless time of my life I am totally obsessed. Sad ain’t it? Here’s my theory: you know your life is desperately lacking in guys when you have to turn to celebrity crushes to fill that "desperately gaping void" in your life. Excuse the over dramatisation…

Here I go again, rambling on like a personals ad.

My life? Pretty monotonous at the moment, actually. I go to school, day in, day out, and have been doing so for the majority of my life come to think of it. I know these years are supposed to be the best years of my life and I should treasure my so-called innocence and whatever, but I basically see this … seeking of an education as a limbo in which to bide my time until society deems I have gathered enough knowledge and is mature enough to face the real world. Then! Then I’m going to go out and do something great. Pretty lofty ambitions, huh? But perhaps they’ll be reached in time. Maybe the desire to be famous stems from some deep down insecurity about who I am in this world and whether I’ll have done something significant by the time I’m gone. Oh yeah, another thing about me? I’m really into self-analysis.

So enough with this delving into my psyche thing. You’re probably sick to death of hearing the thoughts of some girl halfway across the world who you’re never going to even meet in this lifetime. But then again, what do I know? I’m willing to bet there are people out there who read detailed investigations on the mating habits of the three-toed sloth for kicks.

So that’s all from me today, it’s way past my bedtime and I need to settle down for another night of restless insomnia and less than seven hours of sleep. After all there’s school tomorrow, and a jabbing pain at my side telling me I’m going to get a bruise from whacking my hip against the doorframe while carrying a chair up the stairs. I’m such a klutz.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?