21 Dec 2003

Yes!!! Christmas holidays, finally. Got a lip gloss gift pack for my class Kris Kringle. I genuinely LOVE lip gloss! A girl can never have too much lip gloss! And one of my best friends got me the Red Hot Chili Peppers ‘Greatest Hits’ album so that was pretty good. Skipped speech night rehearsal due to an unplanned stomach bug that got me feeling like shit all day. Speech night itself was dead boring, as always, and did not help with my recent lapse in health. A synthetic school shirt, overdone air-conditioning coupled with balmy humidity outside, running around sweating – you do the math. Then because I wasn’t at the day rehearsal, I missed my cue when we were done singing in choir and ended up leaving with the orchestra people. Duh! How stupid was that? Then I had to sneak back in while the strings section got set up, and the choir had already got into their formation and I’m like hi there, and everyone’s like, what the hell are you doing here? Now that was a reeeally awkward situation …

During the ‘grand finale’, which was so stuffed up that you could barely hear the harmonies above the din of the orchestra, there was this cheerleading segment. Now I need not mention that Ditz was part of the show. Even though I just did. Okay, anyway … due to the time lapse from the balcony to the stage, our control freak dance teacher was in charge of clapping the beat for the girls to move to. The other cheerleading groups were right in time, doing their thing (“Rah rah rah … don’t mess with dynamite!” etc.) until Ditz and her gang come in. She with the highly nasal voice and no sense of rhythm launched straight into the routine at about one and a half times faster. Dance teacher full-on gave up, threw her hands in the air and stopped clapping. You’ve got to be there to find it as hilarious as I did, but come on! The one thing you would expect someone like her to be good at she can’t do! It took all of my discipline and self control to detain from totally cracking up on stage.

Overall, I guess it's been a pretty calm year, not too many ups and downs (however if you're enquiring into silent bitch fights we DO have a lot of those on hand; whatever happened to the good ol' days where bitch fightin' was straight-up and right out in the open?), delirious euphoria or heartbreaking tears. I'm still at that age where Christmas is not yet just another way for those damn greedy capitalists to make us all festively broke, so I'm looking forward to the holiday.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?